Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Introducing: BiG (Brunei Insider's Guide) Magazine

Today I was introduced to BiG Magazine. I'm not familiar with the magazine, have not seen it before. The only local free magazine (i'm assuming BiG Magazine is free because there's no price on the cover hehe) that I've come across so far is Buyer's Guide and Grab It.

Those two magazines are ok, but I like this BiG Magazine more. Why? Well, one is because I notice a familiar name within minutes of flipping through the magazine! This person is quite well known in the local blogging world, one of my daily reads (although sometimes he doesn't blog on a daily basis hehe), knew about his work initially back in the days of
Ayer Muleh and to me, he's one of the local talented photographers around :) Who could it be? It's none other than... cheng cheng cheng... Gferro! hehe His photographs were included in the magazine (front cover too!!) hehe Well done, well done!

Second reason? It's a very informative guide to Brunei - tells the little things about Brunei such as where best to eat, calender of events for the month, things to do, where to shop and even a foodie diary!

I'm not sure if this is a first issue or not - I'm assuming it's not because inside there's a photo of a lady reading a past issue of the Magazine. As quoted from the Magazine "Jointly published by CHMP Enterprise & Brunei Tourism Development Department, MIPR". So well done to both parties :) Hope they continue to publish the Magazine :)

Anyone who wants more information about BiG Magazine, contact CHMP Enterprise:

  • CHMP, PO Box 912, MPC BB3357, Brunei
  • big_chmp@yahoo.com

No comments: